Exclusively focused on fine art, Aspire Art Auctions’ Timed Online will extend the curated approach that defines the live auctions, and will appeal to both new and seasoned collectors with a range of artworks available at affordable prices.
The online arena for art sales is becoming more popular year on year. The industry-standard Hiscox Art Report points out that online art market sales reached an estimated $3.75 billion in 2016, up 15% from 2015. This gives the online art market an 8.4% share of the overall art market, up from 7.4% in 2015.
Timed Online auctions will be powered by the Invaluable platform, the world-leading online art marketplace with a tried and tested, stable and secure online e-commerce site for the auction sector. Invaluable run regular auctions over US$10bn in the value of listed items, with 3 million unique monthly visitors.
Aspire Art Auctions’ Timed Online is led by art specialists Ruarc Peffers and Jacqui Carney, who pioneered online fine art auctions in South Africa.
BUYING ON TIMED ONLINE
Timed Online auctions charge a buyer’s premium of 15% + VAT on all sales across the board.
SELLING ON TIMED ONLINE
Timed Online auctions charge a 10% + VAT seller’s commission, the lowest in the industry.
Click here to request a valuation.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE CURRENT TIMED ONLINE AUCTION
Lot 1 closes at 6pm pm on Monday 30 October. Lots close in 60 second intervals.
HOW TO REGISTER & BID
- Once you are on the Timed Online auction page, click on REGISTER TO BID.
- Enter your name and email address in the fields provided and input the password you would like to use for your account. Click SAVE & CONTINUE.
- Enter your shipping address details: select your country from the dropdown menu, add your delivery address and phone number.
- Enter your credit or debit card info. This is used to verify your identity, no charges will be made and your information will not be shared. If you are the successful bidder, we will contact you to arrange payment.
- Tick that you have read and agreed to the Terms & Conditions.
- Click REGISTER TO BID.
- Once you have set up your account, you do not need to re-register for future Timed Online auctions. Simply select LOG IN and enter your email address and account password.
- You are now registered to bid.
- You can place individual bids, or set up a commission bid for the system to bid on your behalf up to your maximum amount, but only one increment above the previous bid.
- The Timed Online auction will close at 7pm on Monday 30 October. Lots close at intervals of 60 seconds starting at 7pm. Each lot shows the exact time left open for bidding.