BID how you choose
In the room | Telephone | Absentee | Online | App
HOW IT WORKS
This new platform comprises a combined online and live auction experience, taking place at Aspire’s galleries, either in Johannesburg or Cape Town.
The sales will open one week prior to the live auction event where bidding will commence online via our website or through the app.
Bids placed on the online platform will then be assimilated into the live auction as existing commission (absentee) bids, and the sale itself will then be conducted as a live auction at the close of the timed online bid intake.
When registered, online and app bidders can enter the live auction, either in person, or enter bids remotely from their devices as the auction commences – bidding in real-time from the comfort of where they are.
If outbid during the live auction, all online bidders will be afforded the chance to bid in real-time.
To add to the ease of the process, absentee and telephone bidding functionality is also available if preferred by the client.
Auction lots will be on display at the relevant Aspire office conducting the sale, and will be on preview for the duration of the open online bidding week.
There will be an e-catalogue available online at www.aspireart.net prior to each auction.
With our abiding focus on quality over quantity, the ONLINE&LIVE | Curated Gallery Auction platform will allow us to present focused collections of critically engaged, historically relevant, pioneering art and design. Each work will be carefully selected according to the overarching theme and based on its quality and significance.
For more information contact
011 243 5243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the room, telephone & absentee bids: 12% for items selling above R20 000 & 15% for items selling below R20 000 (VAT is charged on the commission only).
On the App or through the website: 15% (VAT is charged on the commission only).
HOW TO REGISTER
- Select the Gallery Auctions page
- Click VIEW DETAILS of the auction you would like to bid in, and then REGISTER TO BID.
- To register as a first time user: Enter the required personal details (name, email address and password). Click REGISTER.
- For returning users: Enter your email address and password and select LOGIN.
- When you are ready to place a bid click on REGISTER TO BID and complete the required fields, which include your User Information and Shipping Address, and select that you agree to the terms of the auction.
- As soon as you have been approved to bid by Aspire, you will receive an email alerting you of your status as a bidder in the auction.
- You can add items to your WATCHED LOTS by clicking the star icon, or FAVOURITE ARTISTS by clicking Follow.
PLACING YOUR BID
- You can manually place bids through our website or via our app.
- Or you can enter a maximum commission bid and the system will automatically bid on you behalf up to that amount if you are bid against.
- If you are instantly outbid because a higher max bid exists by a different bidder, you will be notified via email or push notification immediately after placing the bid.
- If you are winning the lot and are later outbid, you will receive an email or push notification letting you know that you have been outbid and encouraging you to bid again.
- If two bidders leave the same max bid and that bid wins the lot, the bidder who left the bid first will be the winner.
- We can assist with logistics by contacting third party shippers on your behalf, who will provide a quote.
- All shipping costs are at the buyers’ expense.
- Our preferred payment method is by EFT/Wire transfer. Visa and Mastercard payments are also accepted.
- Payment is required within 48-hours from receipt of your invoice.